WebRunner Available for Download
Note: WebRunner has been discontinued.
We discovered some issues with the WebRunner builds after my previous post, which are now fixed. Download them on the project page. All versions should now work in both Firefox 3.6 and 4.0. Kids, here’s a tip from Uncle Matt: test all your builds on all platforms in a production environment before releasing them. Oh, and eat your vegetables.
A few other comments:
- You can file any bugs or enhancement requests in our Trac system.
- For other comments, questions, effusive praise, etc., use the WebRunner Google Group.
- For real-time assistance you can try the #webrunner channel on irc.mozilla.org. I can’t guarantee an immediate response, so stick around after you post. I’ll be checking regularly during European business hours and sporadically at other times.
- The version numbers for WebRunner track the version of Firefox they were built on. For now we used 4.0b12pre for Mac and Linux, and 4.0b11 for Windows (since there was a build issue with 4.0b12 on Windows when we last configured our build server). From 4.0b12 onward we’ll only be spinning versions for official Firefox builds (i.e. without the “pre” suffix).
- If you have been using window.platform to access Prism desktop integration features, you need to use window.webrunner now. We changed the name to avoid collisions since a webpage could plausible have a variable called “platform” already.
I’ll post further updates in the Google Group. Stay tuned here for any major news, as well as our regularly scheduled rants and random blather.
« Prism is now WebRunner
- Packaging WebRunner Applications